Order Online from our Take-Away Menu
Our dishes are adapted from classics found around the world. We source most of our produce within 50km of Stellenbosch and we liaise closely with our suppliers to procure only the freshest seasonal ingredients. Vegan options are available on request.
- Gnocchi, watercress and walnut pesto, walnuts, goat’s milk feta, olives, semi-dried tomatoes65In the 19th century, Pellegrino Artusi — “the grandfather of Italian cuisine” — published the official gnocchi recipe.
- Risotto with fresh exotic mushrooms, Grana Padano, truffle oil70Legend suggests that apprentice Valerius accidentally invented Risotto alla Milanese at his master’s wedding in 1574
- Oven-grilled calamari, chorizo, red pepper, chick peas, smoked paprika, sherry vinegar75Inspired by the cuisine of Valencia, Spain — a region famous for seafood and spicy chorizo sausage
- Kudu carpaccio, pickled beetroot, kohlrabi, baby leaves, Grana Padano and mustard aïoli85Carpaccio was devised in 1950 by Giuseppe Cipriani at Harry’s Bar in Venice
- Spicy veggie burger with tomato chutney, field mushrooms and basil aïoli, hand-cut potato chips115The colloquial “veggie burger” may have been created in London in 1982 by Gregory Sams, who called it the “VegeBurger”
- Monster Burger, spicy aïoli, onion marmalade, Healey’s cheddar, sesame bun120A Jan Cats classic since 1989
- Tempura battered fish, hand-cut potato chips, sauce tartare, charred lemon, mushy peas140In the 1860s, J. Malin of London and J. Lees of Manchester both claim to have been the first to conceive the idea of serving fish and chips together
- Risotto with fresh exotic mushrooms, Grana Padano,truffle oil145Legend suggests that apprentice Valerius accidentally invented Risotto alla Milanese at his master’s wedding in 1574
- Traditional lamb curry, tomato and onion relish, homemade chutney, yellow rice155Curry is a variety of dishes originating in the Indian subcontinent that use a complex combination of spices or herbs, usually including ground turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, and fresh or dried chilies
- Slow braised oxtail stew, roasted baby carrots, garden peas, sweetcorn, mashed potato155Oxtail is a gelatin-rich meat, which is usually slow-cooked as a stew or braised. It is a traditional stock base for oxtail soup
- Lamb shank from Riebeeck Kasteel with roasted new potatoes155Lamb shank had become a forgotten cut until celebrity chefs and trendy restaurants prudently retrieved it from oblivion. Don’t miss this one
- Beef sirloin, mushroom purée, caramelised onion, potato gratin, beef jus165The famous and unique Chalmar Beef appellation was registered in 1969 — and it is still going strong. Sirloin is cooked to perfection in our Josper charcoal oven
- Premium beef fillet, charred onion, mushroom dust, potato gratin, cauliflower and white truffle purée175Another famous local beef supplier — Karan Beef is Africa’s largest cattle company. Fillet is cooked to perfection in our Josper charcoal oven
- Amarula bread and butter pudding with rooibos custard65Alas, it is a myth that elephants become tipsy when they forage on the fruit of the marula tree.
- Butterscotch cheesecake with blueberry compote, honeycomb70
There is evidence that cheesecake was served to Greek athletes during the first Olympic games in 776 BC. So there.
- Dark chocolate and toffee fondant, white chocolate ice cream, passion fruit anglaise75
American chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten claims to have invented the fondant in New York in 1987
However, French chef and chocolatier Jacques Torres disputes this claim, arguing that it had already existed in France
Good, freshly prepared food takes time.
Kindly allow us approximately 25 minutes to get yours ready.